Cincinnati Public Schools' Girls To Women is celebrating the International Day of Girl with a virtual summit from noon–1:30 p.m. Monday, October 26.
The International Day of Girl is an annual campaign to elevate voices and empower young women across the globe. This year's campaign theme is, "My Voice, Our Equal Future." The event aims to celebrate young women in the CPS community with motivational speakers, interactive activities, movement, music and more.
Participation kits will be available to the first 300 students who log in. More information about distribution of kits, login information and more will be shared before the event. Stay tuned to CPS' social media during October for special content promoting this event.
As part of the event, we want to hear from students, family, staff and the community about the importance of highlighting women's voices. Please submit via this link a 15–30 second video, letter or artwork answering the following question(s):
- If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
- What do you want everyone to know about you?
- What impact would you like to make on the world?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What is your "superpower?"
- What life lessons have you learned?
- What issues are you passionate about?
- What is your proudest moment in women's history, and why is this important to you?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Who is a woman that you look up to?
- Or, ask your own question….