Parents are invited to attend informational meetings about Cincinnati Public Schools’ new Spencer Center for Gifted and Exceptional Students. This new school — opening August 2017 in a newly renovated school building in Walnut Hills — offers your child a personalized and rigorous learning experience.
Meeting Dates and Times:
- Tuesday, February 21, 6:30 p.m., Exceptional* Program, Grades 3-8
- Wednesday, February 22, 6:30 p.m., Gifted** Program, Grades 3-8
- Wednesday, March 22, 6:30 p.m., Exceptional Program, Grades 7-8 (Following Round 1 of CPS’ High School Lottery)
- Mayerson Academy — 2650 Highland Avenue, 45219 (Corryville) — (Inside same building as CPS’ Education Center)
* To Qualify as Exceptional Students (grades 3-8) —
• Scores between 85th and 94th percentile on Terra Nova reading test,
• Scores at 123 or above on Inview Cognitive Skills Index,
• Scores at 123 or above on CogAT Student-Aged Score (SAS).
** To Qualify as Gifted Students (grades 3-8) —
• Rank at the Superior Cognitive level on a cognitive abilities test,
• Score at the 95th percentile or higher in two subjects on Terra Nova or other standardized achievement test: Reading, Math, Social Studies or Science; one of the two must be Math or Reading.